Wednesday, January 19, 2011

On Being A Humane Being by Peta_de_Aztlan

On Being A Humane Being

http://wp.me/prH9G-b
On Being A Humane Being

I Am A Humane Being

I am first and foremost a humane being. I strive to be humane in all my ways, in all my relations and in all my energies with others. I strive to be aware, conscious and conscientious. I strive to have tender care, true concern and loving compassion for all living beings. I am proud to be a humane being who strives to adhere to a humane code of ethics, a set of core values and basic spiritual principles that govern my life, despite my innate imperfections.

When I express here that I am proud to a humane being it is not the puffed up pride of asinine arrogance, but the quiet confident pride of knowing I have made real progress in my spiritual evolution as a humane being, especially when I think back of how immature I was before in my past and some of the ugly aspects of my dark shadow that I have overcome.

Today I still work on my spiritual growth with the inner peace of being comfortable in my own skin. I am a recovering humane being recovering from my past. I am a recovering drunk, dope fiend and formerly homeless alien who remembers well the lessons of life. I do not pretend to have selective amnesia and forget certain awful aspects of my past. I remember past lessons so I do not repeat them and fall back down into a severe relapse back to my former sick self. I am ashamed to admit here that I have broken cardinal commandments and have done wrong to others in different ways. I have not showed my love and attention to loved ones enough. I have ignored people I am suppose to care about because of my self-indulgence. I have been a sad selfish fool and for that I am truly sorry. It saddens my soul if I dwell on my old ways and forget my positive progressive recovery. Sometimes we need to suffer the shame of utter humiliation so that we can fall down upon our knees, become truly humble in prayer and remain grateful for the blessings the Creator has bestowed upon us.


I am a humane being, not merely another ordinary human being, but a humane being. It is better to be humane than only human. Thus, at the risk of repeating myself, today I am a humane being in the joy of my beingness, not a human doing.


A Human Being

A mere human being can simply be a two-legged carnivorous predator animal without basic moral values, humane ethics and common sense wisdom. He is mainly concerned with his own selfish immediate animal interests before he is concerned, if he is concerned at all, with the well-being of the larger wider interests of the masses of people,  forgetting he is one of the masses.


"Humans, known taxonomically as Homo sapiens (Latin for "wise man" or "knowing man"), are the only living species in the Homo genus of bipedal primates in Hominidae, the great ape family. Anatomically modern-appearing humans originated in Africa about 200,000 years ago, reaching full behavioral modernity around 50,000 years ago.

Humans have a highly developed brain, capable of abstract reasoning, language, introspection, and problem solving. This mental capability, combined with an erect body carriage that frees the hands for manipulating objects, has allowed humans to make far greater use of tools than any other living species on Earth. Other higher-level thought processes of humans, such as self-awareness, rationality, and sapience, are considered to be defining features of what constitutes a "person".
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo_sapiens


A Humane Being

A true humane being has tender care, true concern and loving compassion for all living beings, especially other human beings of the human species . Many people are not cognizant of the subtle significant differences between being an ordinary human being and being a genuine humane being.


Definition of HUMANE
1 : marked by compassion, sympathy, or consideration for humans or animals
2 : characterized by or tending to broad humanistic culture : humanistic
— hu·mane·ly adverb
— hu·mane·ness \-ˈmān-nəs\ noun

Examples of HUMANE
1. It's not humane to treat animals that way.
2. Conditions in the prison are more humane now.

Origin of HUMANE
Middle English humain
First Known Use: circa 1500
Related to HUMANE

Synonyms: beneficent, benevolent, benignant, compassionate, good-hearted, kind, kindhearted, kindly, softhearted, sympathetic, tender, tenderhearted, warmhearted

Antonyms: atrocious, barbaric, barbarous, bestial, brutal, brute, brutish, callous, cold-blooded, cruel, fiendish, hard-hearted, heartless, inhuman, inhumane, insensate, sadistic, savage, truculent, uncompassionate, unfeeling, unkind, unkindly, unsympathetic, vicious, wanton
Source: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/humane


Naturally, a genuine humane being is a more highly evolved being who has and shows basic humane qualities that are practiced daily:
~ a genuine deep love for all living beings that is kind and helpful;
~ an enduring patience with the flaws and faults of folks, while being mindful of one's own;
~ a deep heartfelt compassion that energizes the soul and seeks to elevate the soul;
~ profound feelings of true empathy for the pain, torment and suffering of all living beings;
~ a deep understanding of people without prejudice or insane racism;
~ a burning passion for helping others struggle, survive and succeed in life.


To be a genuine humane being is to have a higher level of consciousness of one's internal world in relation to the external world of society. To be humane requires conscious effort, daily practice and personal discipline. Many of us here now inside the United States have been born, bred and raised in the context of an inhumane society within a world that is often cold, cruel and heartless. We continue to exist within the matrix of an inhumane wicked society whose wicked system is accurately defined as the Amerikan Empire. It is mainly the Amerikan Empire and its terrible tentacles that is the evil force behind much of the hunger, pain and suffering in the world today.


True Nature of Humans is Humane

Going out on a limb, I believe that the original nature of humane beings is to be kind, loving and humane. It should natural for us to be humane to one another, especially those in the misery of poverty. A species of life has a natural identity and affinity with and for others of the same species. It is natural that one kind of living being relates to another similar being of the same kind. It is the external wicked world we must transform that warps us out of and away from our true original humane nature.


Our personal perception of the existing evilness in the world will vary because of our different existential situations, direct personal experiences and various levels of consciousness. Some people are blessed to now live carefree lives full of material goods, great abundance and splendid luxury. Some people do not ever have to worry about where their next meal is coming from, if they will make it through the day alive and undamaged or where they are going to lay their head at to sleep tonight. If we look at the big picture in life, not only a single snapshot, we can see there are great wrongs and evildoers in the world. If we clearly fathom connected reality we can see that evil rules supreme in the world today, not God.


It should be clear to the rational mind that the present world we all live in upon Mother Earth needs to be clearly perceived, properly understood and fundamentally transformed as it exists here now. We must be more objective about the external world and see it as it is, rather than subjective stuck in in the internal world of our own minds.


Much of the revolutionary change that needs to happen is not just in the external world in relation to governmental structures, public institutions and infrastructures. There are mandatory changes that need to take place within our internal world. Humane love requires us to to openly address, recognize and eliminate our own core character defects and personal shortcomings. What is our role in connected reality? Where is our ability to respond to our reality. When do we take responsibility for our own lives?


Indeed, we must first become true humane beings if we are ever going to come together as one family of one humanity. We can never achieve a strong lasting liberation from the misery of poverty if we do not make a decision to become humane beings. We will achieve our liberation united together as humane beings, not a confused people riddled with a zillion divisions. Together we must create a brave new wonderful world where people love, respect and honor one another. We must learn how to live together in love, peace and harmony as true humane beings.


We have to start somewhere. I propose we start with ourselves on an individual level, reach out to others in our local community and expand a loving humane consciousness out into the whole world and beyond.


Let us all evolve as humane beings with love for all living beings ~without favoritism to any false labels of race, nation, tribe or group orientation.


Let us all be humane beings first and foremost. Let us strive to be humane to our own self, to be humane to each other and help all of humanity become one family of humankind.


Namaste
, Che Peta
Humane Liberation Party
http://help-matrix.ning.com/
http://twitter.com/Peta_de_Aztlan

Note: To be Updated as Life Updates
c/s

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Venceremos! We Will Win!
Peta_de_Aztlan
Sacramento, California
Email: peter.lopez51@yahoo.com
http://twitter.com/Peta_de_Aztlan
http://www.facebook.com/Peta51
http://help-matrix.ning.com/
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable." ~ President John F.Kennedy ~ c/s


No comments: