Saturday, June 13, 2009

Brother Tom~ Re: Re STOP Sacramento's Day of Shame

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Gracias Brother Tom  for your response ~ I respect the concept of ageeing
to disagree. I believe we share the same heartfelt concerns for the poor,
for the homeless, for the wretched of the earth.

If you want an Email  kept private say so on the subject line as I would.
I strive to keep myself in my Spiritual Liberation Program Honest, Open and
Willing to grow, change and evolve. I have no knowledge of what the L & F
Budget is and it is good then more power to them. We do not need to create
a non-profit that fosters co-dependency and hinders self-help.

You have not called me to my knowledge at Sally's nor here at my CASA.
I believe that the County spends out millions every year and it is primarily
the responsibility of the City-County of Sacramento to help the homeless
here, though, I have my own ideas and ideals as to how to go about doing
helpful program development for the homeless.

We should get together soon and discuss this and other issues in question.
I myself would not mine beng employed by Loaves & Fishes, though I would
prefer a new independent non-profit corporation. Money is always the bottom
line in these kinds of operations. Stay cognifant that we still do live under the
rule of a corporate capitalist ruling class. Obama does not rule.

I imagine you have seen the lastest issue of the Sacra News & Review with
a few of my present and former clients in it. More will be revealed....

Living homeless ~
Faces and stories from the streets of Sacramento
http://www.newsreview.com/sacramento/content?oid=1010578

Education for Liberation!
Peter S. Lopez ~aka: Peta
Sacramento, California, Aztlan
Yahoo Email:
peter.lopez51@yahoo.com

http://anhglobal.ning.com/group/humanerightsagenda
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Humane-Rights-Agenda/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NetworkAztlan_News/
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ



From: Tom Armstrong <unbound@gmail.com>
To: peter.lopez51@yahoo.com
Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2009 3:25:48 PM
Subject: Re STOP Sacramento's Day of Shame

"Shame on Sacramento and its present Board of Supervisors and City Council for allowing this to happen to our local homeless people. The homeless are the new minority and mostly invisible to most Sacramento people. The homeless are the canary in the mine, warning us of a general decay happening in the core of society. Those who have little will be subjected to having even less and desperation becomes disaster. "  ... etc.
 
Peter,
 
We may have to agree to disagree, here, but there is something more than a little grotesque, to my mind, for Loaves & Fishes, which has stockpiled $1.5 million or, maybe $2 million or, possibly $2.5 million dollars COMPLAINING about the county not having the scratch to pay for shelter space in Sacramento.
 
The county is broke.  Sure, I wish the Supervisors appreciated that paying for the safety net should be of highest priority.  But the county truly is in trouble, deep, deep trouble.  And Loaves & Fishes is LOADED.  L&F's mission statement tells them that giving shelter is what they are mandated to do.  Nonprofits ARE NOT supposed to stockpile donations.
 
I am ok with Loaves paying the bill for VOA to administer A Street and Bannon for Jul 1, 2009-to-Jun 30, 2010.  THAT is where the money can come from.  If homeless people end up being on the street because of reduced shelter space, it is LOAVES' fault, not the county Supes, to my mind.
 
Respectfully,
 
Tom Armstrong
 


No comments: