Sunday, June 18, 2006

Response to Email from [phoenix-quest]:
On the Role of Humane Beings in the Immigrant Rights Move...

Sunday Night ~ Hola! I appreciate your response and will share it with the Humane-Rights-Agenda Group as i believe that sharing is caring.
I do not pretend to have all the answers, but then neither does the entire U.S. Congress and the present bill at it now stands simply will not work. Have you examined it?
Link> New Analysis of Senate Immigration Bill: June 2006
We won't whine with nostalgia about whose country this was in the first place, who has the centuries old right to be here in these lands and whose rights were first violated. You forget in your astute analysis whose lands these were in the first place! But I suppose all that is academic history now.
Here now there are 12 million plus undocumented immigrants. This is a fact. Wishful thinking and door-to-door house searches will not erase this fact. With a blanket amnesty we can then ascertain who is here or not.
I thought it was asinine and arrogant for the U.S. Congress to even try to develop a bill without long deep intensive and extensive testimony by recognized experts on migration and immigration. That was the first obvious pitfall. Plus, there should of been real testimony by undocumented immigrants themselves. Some would of appeared if asked. So the U.S. Congress did not get the initial input into its legislative analyses in the first place.
Have you objectively considered these facts?
I will take the risk of assuming you are white or non-Hispanic and figure you are definately not illegal of Mexican ancestry. I have some white neighbors who are the nicest people to know and in fact some of my best friends are white, but what does that really matter?
What do you do with 12 million plus people already here now inside the United States? What do you do that is fair, just and humane for all concerned?
I know and believe that there really needs to be a complete legalization process for those undocumented immigrants who are ALREADY HERE NOW INSIDE THE UNITED STATES!
Thus, a one-time call for amnesty! After such a declaration by the U.S. government, then, we can discuss having a head count... before we have to start getting into body counts along the border. If this whole issue is not handled properly there could be a real border war at the U.S.-Mexican border and even worse events can unfold. Amnesty is sanity!
Once again, I appreciate your response. I am not a crazed leftist and actually consider myself a conservative at heart.Maybe if you examine the history of immigrants inside the United States it might shed some discerning light on the subject for you.
I highly recommend:
The Global Origins of the American People
By David M. Reimers

Prayers and Blessings, Peta

P.S. Sometime after I wrote this Email response to the Phoenix Quest Yahoo Group I was kicked out without notice. Thus, I consider it a racist and narrow reactionary group not open to differing opinions.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dsivphx@aol.com
wrote:
ya know, i respect and stand for human rights but what is happening with all these illegals coming across our border especially here in the arizona is down right wrong...come in legally. I know people that live right next door to me where the social security number that he has is being used by others and all of them are illegals including him. I know that some are good people but how well is it that they are good if they are committing frraud and identity theft just to live here..i have had identity theft done to me and i totally forgot about the time where i cashed my check at a place that i have never been at..i got contacted by a detective on this issue and had to sign documents showing my handwriting and all just because the person who cashed my check at the place inside, the worker, used my SS# to cash a damn check. I am sick and tired of people not thinking of how much wrong these illegals are doing, and we are the ones being victims of it. I know they want a better life, and i feel for them but THEY NEED TO COME INTO THIS COUNTRY LEGALLY, AND ABIDE BY THE LAWS. IF WE DID IDENTITY THEFT, FRAUD, USING SOMEONE ELSES SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER THEN BY DAMN IT WE WOULD END UP IN JAIL...WHY DO YOU WANT SOMEONE DOING THINGS ILLEGALLY IN THIS COUNTRY IF THEY CAN'T ABIDE BY THE LAWS..this is so hyprocritical of someone wanting them to have rights..WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO HAD THEIR IDENTITIES STOLEN BY AN ILLEGAL... WHERE ARE THEIR RIGHTS WHEN THEY WERE BORN AND RAISED HERE IN THIS COUNTRY..
whose rights do you stand for..?


No comments: